C.T.Y. MODEL COLLEGE (BOARDING), ALOMAJA
NEWSLETTER FOR FIRST TERM 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
16TH RABIU THANNI, 1441 A.H (13TH DECEMBER, 2019)
CONTACT NUMBERS: 08038643604, 08056149601, 07062397127
Bismillah Rahman Roheem
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. All praises and adorations are due to Allah (SWT) the Lord of the Universe. May His peace and blessings be upon Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W), his household, companions, and all Muslims till the day of resurrection (Aameen)
Distinguished parents, members of the C.T.Y. family and well wishers, we thank Almighty Allah and appreciate your magnanimous contributions in the service of Allah throughout the year, particularly this term, Jazakumullahu Khaeran. May Allah reward you abundantly for the unflinching support you are giving to the school. The confidence reposed in us by the new parents is also appreciated. We plead that you do not relent in giving us pieces of advice and observations towards moving the school forward.
We implore you to please take note of the following information: it is for our mutual benefit and for the sake of taking our children to greater heights.
1. SCHOOL FEES: The School management wants to appreciate our esteemed parents for the understanding and cooperation they maintained for upholding the newly-agreed upon policy on the payment of school fees. Also, note that minimum of 50% of second term school fees should be paid into the schools account before resumption. Moreover, all debtors are expected to pay their outstanding fees before resumption as defaulters would STRICTLY NOT BE ALLOWED into their halls of residence. The school account details are:
BANK NAME: STANBIC IBTC BANK NAME: POLARIS BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: HALAL CTY INT’L SCHOOL ACCOUNT NAME: CTY INT’L SCHOOL
ACCOUNT NUMBERS: 9202242125 ACCOUNT NUMBER:4090700397
2. WASSCE and NECO SSCE CANDIDATES’ RESUMPTION:This is to inform you that SS 3 students are to resume to school on Sunday, 29th December as their academic activities will commence on Monday, 30th December, 2019, Inshaa Allah
3. U.T.M.E: Parents who have children in SS3 would be duly informed of the cost implication of the Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examination (U.T.M.E) 2020 form their children will obtain once it is determined.
4. ISLAMIC VACATION COURSE: We advise parents to endeavour to enlist their children for Islamic camping programmes of their choice to prevent them from engaging in un-Islamic jamborees during the non-Muslims’ festive period.
5. EXCURSION: Inshaa Allah, your children/wards will go on an excursion next term. Parents would be duly informed of the places to be visited and the cost implication of the excursion exercise soonest.
6. REGISTRATION FOR MAY/JUNE/JULY 2020 WAEC AND NECO EXAMINATIONS:Registration for May/June/July WAEC and NECO 2020 examinations has commenced. Parents who are yet to make their payments are urged to pay up along with the school fees. We appreciate your cooperation.
BECE AND NECO REGISTRATION FOR JS3 STUDENTS:Registration for both State and NECO examinations shall commence next term. Parents are hereby advised to monitor their children so that they do not toy with their studies when at home.
7. ADMONITION: Dear esteemed Parents, let us be watchful of our children in order to guide against emotional disturbance that may hinder their progress. We advise you listen to and discuss with them on a friendly level so they won’t formulate ideas that may lead to disaster. Q31:17-19.
We beseech Allah to make them the coolness of our eyes and hearts. Amin.
C.T.Y.MODEL COLLEGE (BOARDING SCHOOL) IBADAN
SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR SECOND TERM 2019/2020 SESSION
08038643604, 08056149601, 07062397127
December 2019/January 2020
Friday 13th December, 2019
School closes for first term
Monday 16th December, 2019
Sunday 22nd December, 2019
Returning of Qur’an Pilot students for extension
Monday 23rd December, 2019 to Friday 3rd January, 2020
Qur’an Pilot students extension classes
Sunday 29th December, 2019
Returning of SS 3 students for extension
Monday 30th December 2019 to Friday 3rd January, 2020
A week extension for SS 3 students
Sunday 5th January, 2020
Returning of boarding students
Monday 6th January, 2020
Beginning of second term
Monday 6th January, 2020
Saturday 1st – Sunday 2nd February, 2020
Sunday 2nd February, 2020
First Visiting Day
Monday 3rd February, 2020 to 7th February, 2020
First Continuous Assessment
Thursday 20th February, 2020 to Friday February, 2020
Thursday 5th March, 2020
Monday 9th March, 2020 to Wednesday 11th March, 2020
Revision and Second continuous Assessment
Thursday 12th March, 2020 to Wednesday 25th March, 2020
Second Term Examination
Sunday 15th March, 2020
PTA meeting/Visiting day/Open day
Friday 3rd April, 2020
School closes for second term
Monday 6th April, 2020 to Friday 24th April, 2020
Three week Vacation
Sunday 12th April, 2020
Returning of JS 3 students for extension
Monday 13th April, 2020 to Friday 24th April, 2020
Extension class for JS 3 Students
Sunday 26th April, 2020
Returning of Boarding students
Monday 27th April, 2020
Resumption for third term
CC: Management, Staff, Paren